Quicktionary 2 Premium
Quicktionary TS Lite
Super Pen Professional
English - Grey Colour
English - Pink Colour
15 Language Translator
Language Products >
Wizcom ReadingPen TS - UK English Version
- - - February
|£199.00 £60.00 (70%
Need UK Delivery
within 24 hours ? Usually no problem, and no
extra charge. For advice
on buying our Portable Scanner Translators, call us 7 days
a week on UK Freephone 0800 01 88844
Personal Reading Assistant - ideal for adults & children with reading difficulties, dyslexia or learning disabilities ...
The ReadingPen TS
from Wizcom Technologies is a personal reading assistant
that can improve reading skills dramatically aimed principally at people with
reading difficulties, dyslexia or learning disabilities. Featuring the Oxford
English Dictionary and Roget's II Thesaurus, it provides a simple and easy way
to get immediate word support when you are reading. The text scanner is a portable,
hand-held personal reading assistant with an easy-to-use touch screen and icon-based
menu. The ReadingPen TS provides immediate word support to readers of all ages.
It also includes audio pronunciation (in English) of the scanned or typed words.
The ReadingPen TS is an ideal tool for anyone in need of comprehensive English
language support and is especially helpful to students who have reading difficulties.
The ReadingPen TS contains both the Basic and Advanced dictionaries, so this one
pen covers all reading levels. Enhancements include playback of entire paragraphs,
educational word games, touchscreen, virtual keyboard, and USB connection to PC.
This reading assistive pen helps students improve their comprehension, vocabulary,
and language fluency. Suitable adults and children over 10 years old.
- Speaks dictionary definition
- Speaks word or line of text
- Speaks stored notes by paragraph
- Thesaurus preloaded
- Dictionary word history (80 words)
- Download text files onto PC
|This is perhaps how all dictionaries will be ... Research
shows it speeds learning because a student can experience many more words,
and hear the phonic pattern, so reinforcing the learning, in the time that
it would take to look up one word in a dictionary, or decode it with a teacher
one to one" British Dyslexia Association
The Readingpen®TS is the newest portable, hand-held “Personal Reading Assistant”
with a NEW, easy to use touch screen and icon-based menu. The Readingpen®TS
provides immediate word support to readers of all ages. It also includes audio
pronunciation, (in English) of the scanned or typed words. The Readingpen®TS
is an ideal tool for anyone in need of comprehensive English language support.
It is especially helpful to students who have reading difficulties.
- Stay focused on your reading while the Readingpen®TS helps you understand
the text quickly and easily. ·
- Take the Readingpen®TS anywhere you go. This small, portable, handheld
device is designed to fit in your pocket. ·
- Includes fun word games for English vocabulary practice and enhancement.
The ReadingPen TS is an ideal tool for students, researchers and business people
who need to scan data even when they are away from their computers. The fully
portable ReadingPen TS is equipped to store large amounts of scanned text which
can be transferred to the computer when convenient. It can also be used to scan
text directly into any Windows-based application.
- Hear words, lines or paragraphs of text spoken aloud using built-in speaker
or earphones (included). ·
- See, and hear, definitions and synonyms ·
- See syllabication and hear word spoken simultaneously ·
- Spells words out loud ·
- Get definitions of the definition – nest to as many levels as needed ·
- Easily switch between dictionary and thesaurus ·
- Includes both Children’s and College level dictionaries and thesauri ·
- Play educational word games to help improve vocabulary and fluency ·
- Windows PC connection allows upload to PC of word history list and down
load to pen of text files, (such as test questions, instructions etc), for
read back and definitions ·
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points
– up to 8mm) , including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except
red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue) ·
- Recognition and automatic merge of hyphenated text ·
- High resolution touch screen - with up to 5 lines of text and easy access
to icon based menu ·
- Virtual keyboard for manual insertion (using a stylus) of words or text
- Easy to use buttons, simple on-screen navigation with the stylus and straightforward
- Predicts words as you type ·
- Supports both Right/left handed users ·
- Auto shutoff to preserve battery life
- Readingpen®TS scanning pen ·
- Hard Carry case ·
- USB Cable ·
- Headphones and adaptor ·
- CD (incl. Readingpen Explorer software, drivers and manual) ·
- User manual ·
- Training foot ·
- 2 x AAA batteries
Is it hard to use? If you have good dexterity, it's easy to use.
Here's a simple test. If you can highlight a line of text in a newspaper
using a highlighter pen, you will be able to use the pen. If not, this pen
will not be suitable for you. Does it really read to you? After you
complete scanning a line or word, the pen recognizes the characters and
looks up the words in its internal dictionary. It then can pronounce them
in sequence. How accurate is it? Generally 97% accurate - scanning
accuracy generally increases with practice. Can I only scan text in?
No, you can also input words using the pen's own touchscreen keyboard, so
you can also hear pronunciations & definitions of words you see that
are not on a printed page.
| System Requirements
(if connecting to PC):
Windows: XP or higher, CDROM drive, Available USB port, Pentium 500 with
256MB memory and 100Mb free disk space
Usually sent to UK mainland addresses on a next-day service. Delivery overseas can take a few days longer. We generally dispatch sameday if you order before 12 noon. When you input your address details, you can also add special delivery instructions.